Maria Positano shaped her practice crossing paths between 2D and 3D languages: The artist is working with processes involving element of fire; scorching wood and casting with wax and bronze.
She completed her BA in Fine Art at City and Guilds London Art School in 2018.
Her selected exhibitions include: Young Talent Contemporary Ingram Collection Purchase Prize, The Cello Factory, 2018, London; Dimensions, Menier Gallery, 2018, London; One Need Not Be a Chamber, Exposed Arts Projects, 2018 London; Making Meaning: The Monolith and the Object of Worship, 2018 Subsidiary Projects, London; Intermediaries, Rijksmuseum Twenthe, 2017, Enshede.
The artist won The Merlin Entertainments Madame Tussauds Project Fund Award, 2016, and the City and Guilds London Art School Sculpture Award, 2018.
She was also selected to be part of the AKI Art School exchange project in 2017 organized by the artist Helen Frick.
Maria Positano is currently exploring the individual´s psychological engagement and immersive experience with the object. Creating artworks which help understand and reflect on the self and the notion of being human.
BA (Hons) Fine Art, City and Guilds London Art School, London (2015/2018)
· - Making Meaning: The Monolith and the Object of Worship, Subsidiary Projects, London UK
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, November, London, UK
- Young Contemporary Talent Purchase Prize, November, The Cello Factory, London, UK
- The Clyde and Co Art Award, Sept 2018 - June 2019, London. UK
- BA Degree Show, City and Guilds London Art School, June, London, UK
- Dimensions, Menier Gallery, March, London, UK
- One Need Not Be a Chamber, Exposed Art Project, January - March, London, UK
- Unframed, Arena Business Centre, December, London, UK
- City and Guilds London Art School Interim Show, The Crypt Gallery, June, London, UK
- Temporary Autonomous Art Collective, ExFex, London, UK
- Il Barattolo, Bologna, IT
- City and Guilds London Art School Interim Show, Old Diorama Arts Centre, London, UK
- C'Arte, Accademia di Belle Arti di Napoli, Napoli, IT
- Group Exhibition G30, SpazioUnderG, Napoli, IT
- AKI University Residency - organised by the artist Helen Frik.
With the purpose of creating a sculptural object - to be paired with an artwork of the Rijksmuseum
Twenthe’s glassware collection. April - 2017
- Winner of the City and Guilds London Art School Sculpture Prize, 2018
- Selected for the Clyde and Co Art Award Collection, 2018
- Shortlisted for the Acme City & Guilds of London Art School Award, 2018
- Shortlisted for the Clyde and Co Blank Canvas Award, 2018
- Winner of The Merlin Entertainments' Madame Tussauds Project Fund Award, 2017
- Shortlisted for The Fishmongers’ Company Beckwith Sculpture Scholarship and Travel Award, 2017
- Shortlisted to the Idun Ravndal Travel Award, 2017
- Shortlisted for the Artists' Collecting Society Award, 2017